Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Edmonton Catholic Schools position on Transgender Child

Hello Trustee _____,

As a citizen of your Ward and a of a child in a Catholic  School I want to let you know that I have been surprised and frustrated by your board's position on the right of a child to choose the bathroom that they are comfortable with. This should be a non issue and should not have to come to the board and certainly not need to go to the human rights commission. Please stand up for what is right tomorrow, as Jesus demonstrated. Please affirm that the gospel teaches us to stand up for the rights of minorities.

On the particular topic of the board meeting please vote for this matter to be discussed publicly so we can all hear what is said. I also hope that you will support Trustee Grell in continuing to represent the constituents of her riding. I believe that she spoke up appropriately on an important topic of human rights and that this takes precedence over the norm of publicly presenting a united front. It is the duty of a public official and elected representative to stand up for human rights both privately and publicly.

I am a Catholic but I have been sufficiently disturbed by the Catholic position on Gay Straight Alliances and now this issue that if the board does not do the right thing I will be switching my child to the public system. I will also advocate for the disbanding of your board.

If I have been unclear please feel free to contact me. I look forward to seeing you do the right thing tomorrow.

Best regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment